Superfood Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding for the win!
I absolutely LOVE chia seeds, as they are one of natures most powerful foods. Filled with calcium, antioxidants and Omega-3s these babies are amazing for you!
Chia seed pudding is packed with protein and nutrients, and makes a quick on-the-go breakfast or snack – especially great pre-workout.
The gel-like texture can take a bit getting used to, but flavoured the right way, this chia seed pudding is delectable.
Check out the recipe for this powerhouse chia pudding below!
Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade or natural)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (less if you don’t want it as sweet)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth. Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into a glass jar or container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to gel. Shake the container a few times within the first hour to help it gel up evenly.
- Top with your favourite fruit! Great as a breakfast, dessert or snack!
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 225 | Carbs 26 g | Fat 12 g | Protein 5 g |