‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything. I can smell it in the air! It’s the time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes and I have one for you without the guilt and hefty $6 tag.
Maple syrup replaces the usually heavily sugared version. Almond milk makes this deliciously dairy-free (Starbucks uses milk in their pumpkin puree). I even make my own pumpkin pie spice to go along with it!
Wanna know how to make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte to warm your soul this Fall? Check it out below!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes 1 drink – can be easily doubled
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree (I use canned)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strong coffee – I used a brewed Nespresso espresso pod run through twice
For pumpkin pie spice:
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- Make pumpkin pie spice. by whisk all ingredients together until combined. Store in a small jar or container.
- In a small saucepan, add in the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Heat over medium heat until hot and whisk often. Once heated, remove the saucepan from heat and add in the vanilla and coffee.
- For extra frothiness, add milk mixture into blender and blend until frothy and blended.
- Top with more pumpkin spice!