Thick and chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies for the whole family!
I am in constant search for the perfect grain-free chocolate chip cookie! Always looking to improve my recipes, I am testing out cookie recipes multiple times throughout the week (lucky for my boyfriend)… and these are my best versions yet!
These paleo chocolate cookies are so good, people won’t even know they are paleo! They are so ooey and gooey, especially if you make them jumbo sized! This recipe gives you 8 jumbo cookies or 16 regular sized cookies – so totally up to you to choose!
You can also make these vegan by replacing the egg with a chia egg. To make a chia egg, you mix together 1 tablespoon of ground chia and 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10 minutes until similar goopy texture.
Keep reading for the full recipe for my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Paleo Chocolate Chips Cookies
Makes: 8 jumbo, 16 regular size
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp coconut oil – at room temp so that it is firm like softened butter (you can also use butter). If too melted put in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
6 tbsp almond butter, room temp
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, room temp (or 1 chia egg)
1 1/4 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar at medium speed until well combined, for about 1 minute.
- Beat in the almond butter and vanilla extract on medium speed and mix until combined. Beat in the egg (or chia egg) on low and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 8 jumbo or 16 regular size balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (more if making jumbo cookies) or until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet. They’ll be very soft but will continue to cook and set as they sit on the cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.