Delicious oven roasted whole cauliflower head with a savoury herb sauce.
One of my favourite dishes at my all time Montreal favourite restaurants is roasted cauliflower. I order it EVERY time I go there, without fail and it is always amazing.
I love eating cauliflower at home, but am kind of over cauliflower rice and have never been a huge fan of cauliflower pizza crust. So, I decided to recreate my favourite dish!
Check out the recipe below!
Oven Roasted Whole Cauliflower with Herb Sauce
For the cauliflower:
1 cauliflower head
Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
2 garlic cloves
2 tbs of unsalted butte or ghee
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coarsly chopped parsley
1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a cast iron skillet.
- Break off and discard the leaves from the cauliflower. Cut of the bottom of the stamp and cut out the hard core of the cauliflower, leaving the main stem intact.
- Rinse the cauliflower and with water drizzling, place in cast iron skillet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to rub over the cauliflower to coat evenly.
- Cover in tin foil and place cast iron skillet in oven and roast for 45-50 minutes. Pierce with a knife to check tenderness. Should be very tender.
- For the sauce: in a food processor or blender, pulse garlic, ghee, olive oil and parsley. Mix in salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven when tender. Pour sauce over the cauliflower and broil in the oven until surface is browned.
- Serve in cast iron skillet and enjoy!