One of my all time favourite desserts are Hello Dollies. I generally just love any kinda of dessert bar, square, anything that has a crust really. Since being gluten-free, one of the hardest things for me was finding a great crust recipe, that resembled that typical graham cracker crust with just the right amount of crumble.
Guess what!? I finally found and amazing gluten-free crust recipe, that can be used as a base for so many desserts!
Today I have some classic Hello Dollies for you. Ooey-gooey and packed with chocolate, coconut flakes and pecans, a combo that can’t be beat.
Check out the recipe!
Hello Dollies (GF)
- Crust: **I doubled the ingredients for thick crust
- 1/4 cup almond flour, coconut flour and flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (just under half a small can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave in heatproof bowl until just melted when stirred. Add almond flour, coconut flour and flax meal. Mix and then press evenly into the bottom of 8×8 baking pan. Bake crust for 8 mins, until firm and slightly golden.
- Layer coconut, pecans and chocolate chips on top of baked crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk over whole mixture.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is light brown.
- Cool them down in the fridge – makes them easier to cut and enjoy!