Carbonara… So cheesy, so tasty and so easy! All you need for this recipe is 5 ingredients and 15 minutes.
You get a delicious pasta dish that is “healthier” than traditional carbonara, because I subbed the pork bacon for turkey or chicken bacon! The bacon is key – so don’t skimp out on that.
Check out this simple, quick and delicious recipe below!
- 8 ounces pasta (I use gluten-free)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 slices chicken or turkey bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Shut off the heat.
- Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If too thick, add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon out at a time.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.