Grain-free granola that packs a serious punch.
Being on the SCD diet means no grains and I know a lot of you are trying to limit your sugar intake and eat less carbs/grains. One of my missions is to prove that healthy eating can still be delicious, and this recipe does just that.
This granola is filled with healthy fats, protein and omega 3s. With just the right sweetness from the coconut sugar and maple syrup, this recipe is easily customizable to your taste.
Eat this with your favourite yogurt and fruits, or even as a quick grab n go snack.
If you try out this recipe I wanna hear about it! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it #bitchininthekitch on Instagram! Check it out below!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or
- 1/2 cups slivered raw almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and position a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, nuts, chia seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave maple syrup and coconut oil at 30 second increments until melted and combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. I like to mix it halfway.
- Once the granola is visibly browned and done cooking, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Store in a container with an air-tight seal. Keeps good for 2-3 weeks.