Gooey, crunchy, peanut buttery and oh so chocolatey brownies.
I’ve made and tested about gazillion brownie recipes, both with gluten and without. I think these may be one of my favourites. They come in close competition with my standard gooey gluten-free brownies. These are similar except they’re not only gooey, but crunchy, peanut buttery and super chocolate all wrapped up into one little brownie.
I’ve even made these with a marshmallow layer in between the brownie and the chocolate crunch, but I prefer them this way.
You don’t have to use these brownie recipe (although it is perfection) you can use any old brownie box mix.
Here’s the recipe for these awesome brownies! Share your re-creation on Instagram and tag #bitchininthekitch so I can see what you made!
Flourless Crunch Brownies
1 cup white sugar
6 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp butter
2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 8×8 inch baking pan. I like to line it with parchment so it’s easier to pull out and cut.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together sugar and oil until combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat for another two minutes.
- Add in the cocoa powder and salt to the batter, and blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 17 minutes, until brownies are just set but still slightly underbaked.
- For the topping: In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals until smooth and melted. Fold in the Rice Krispies.
- Pour topping onto the cooled brownies and spread to cover entire top. Wait until cooled to cut. I put mine in the fridge for about an hour to set up faster.
- These can be kept in the refrigerator, but will be slightly chewier and crisper. Leave on the counter for a gooier brownie.
Note: These recipe can be EASILY doubled if look for a thicker brownie, or if you would like to bake it in a 9×13 inch pan.