Gluten-free Turkey Zucchini Burgers – juicy, healthy and good for you!
I can never say no to a good juicy burger. As a kid, my dad would always make both beef and turkey burgers when he BBQ’d, and I also went for the turkey version. To me, turkey burgers reign over all. They are moist and have a hint of poultry flavour that combines with so many yummy toppings.
Here is the updated “adult” version of my usual turkey burger. Gluten-free and loaded with extra nutrients from the zucchini that nobody ill even notice is there.
Serve it on a gluten-free or lettuce bun. Enjoy with any toppings of your choosing! I even freeze these individually and warm them up in the microwave or oven for an easy go-to dinner!
Check out the recipe for these juicy Turkey Zucchini Burgers below!
Turkey Zucchini Burgers
Makes: about 10 medium sized burgers
1 lb ground turkey
1 large zucchini, grated
1 small onion, diced
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. With dampened hands, shape into burgers.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
- To cook on stove: Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet on medium-high heat and cook burgers until golden brown and cook through, for about 6-7 minutes per side.
- Serve warm in a lettuce bun or wrap individual and freeze! Easily re-heatable in the microwave or oven!
Grain-Free apple cinnamon muffins to bring in Fall!
Apple and cinnamon has to be one of my favourite flavour combos and just reminds me of Fall! I have been searching for a go-to grain-free muffin recipe that is moist and stays fresh for days after baking. This recipe lives up to that!
These muffins are packed with flavour and super filling. Filled with lots of protein because of the almond flour and fibre because of the apple chunks, that make this a hearty breakfast or snack!
Check out the recipe for these awesome muffins below!
Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
2 1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, melted
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup apple sauce (see recipe below)
1/4 cup honey
1 cup shredded apples (about 2-3)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup apples, cored and chopped (approx. 2 apples)
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a a large muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Start by making the apple sauce. In a pot on low-medium heat, add in the apples and water. Simmer for approx. 10-15 minutes, until all the water has evaporated and the apple are soft. If needed, add more water. Once apple are soft enough, mash with a fork or potato masher, until they are a chunky sauce. Set aside.
3. Peel and core 2-3 small apples, and shred (using a cheese grater or food processor attachment) to equal 1 cup.
4. Im a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, eggs, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking soda, apple sauce, honey and salt. Once completely incorporated, fold in the shredded apples and 3 tbsp of the chopped walnuts.
5. Fill the lined muffin tray with about 1/4 cup of batter in each – will be enough batter to fill up 12 muffin tins. Sprinkle top of muffins with the remaining chopped walnuts.
6. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean!. Enjoy alone or with some yummy chia seed jam!