Sprinkle cookies like you ate as a kid, except these are gluten-free and filled with peanut buttery goodness!
Bakery style sprinkle cookies were my favourite as a kid! Unfortunately, they are very hard to recreate as a gluten-free version.
This recipe only needs SIX ingredients (sprinkles included)! Super basic yet SO GOOD!
Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- About 1 to 1 1/2 cups colored sprinkles (make sure they are GF)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir peanut butter, egg, sugars, and baking soda together in a large bowl. You can use a wooden spoon or a hand mixer.
- Place your sprinkles in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- Scoop 1 tbsp balls of cookie dough and roll them in the sprinkles, coating completely. The dough can be sticky, so slightly wet your hands before rolling. Place each cookie dough ball 2” apart on the prepared cookie sheets and flatten with your hand.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. Cool before removing from cookie sheets. Be careful removing cookies as they can be quite crumbly.
Something about eating a dessert covered in rainbow sprinkles makes me feel like a kid again… It could be anything. Ice cream, cake or my all time fave – sprinkled covered cookies.
Today I have a grain-free, gluten-free version of the traditional Bakery Style Sprinkle Cookie. Chewy, tender and slight crisp on the outside, these cookies won’t last long in your kitchen.
Nonpareils, jimmies or even chocolate chips! These cookies are definitely a fan favourite.
Here’s the recipe!
Bakery Style Sprinkle Cookies
1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
1/4 cup organic cane sugar (regular sugar or coconut sugar will also work)
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups packed fine almond flour (do not use almond meal)
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Gluten-free sprinkles, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in coconut oil, sugar, honey, egg, vanilla and
almond extract. Process for 20-30 seconds until well combined. Next add in
almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Process until a dough forms. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes. You can also mix by hand!
- Pour sprinkles onto a plate or shallow bowl. Next use your hands to roll dough into golf sized balls. Roll each cookie in sprinkles until completely covered. Place on prepared cookie sheet then flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand or use the bottom of a glass to flatten. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow cookies to cool completely before frosting. Makes about 15 cookies.