Nothing like the smell of warm cinnamon apples filling up your house. Today I have a delicious breakfast (or dessert) for you, that can be served right away or made the night before and warmed up for a delicious, nutritious and easy breakfast!
Packed with vitamins, nutrients and protein, this breakfast will keep you satisfied and full.
Take a look at the recipe!
Breakfast Apple Crisp
- 4 apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Make the filling: Bring cider and maple syrup or honey to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, toss in the chopped apples. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until reduced to a syrup and apples are caramelized and soft. Pour cooked apples into baking pan.
- Make the topping. Whisk the coconut oil and maple syrup or honey together until smooth. Place the rolled oats, almond meal, pecans, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil and honey mixture; stir until combined.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit. Bake for 15-20 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve warm and top with yogurt!