No better way to use up overripe bananas than by making banana muffins.
I’ve tested so many gluten-free banana bread/muffin recipes and according to my boyfriend most of them come out to be “below average”. Something about the texture and the lack of moistness, that just doesn’t do banana bread justice. Until now…
I finally found the gluten-free banana muffin recipe. Almond and coconut flour come together to make a the perfect fluffy yet moist muffin, that gf recipes often lack.
To top it all off, these yummy muffins are sprinkled with a pecan, chocolate chip streusel, that give them that coffee shop appeal.
These muffins are the sh*t… I just polished off 3 of them. Check out the recipe below!
Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping
Yields: 12 muffins
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 ripe medium sized bananas
¼ cup milk, i used almond milk
¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
For the Streusel Topping:
¼ cup pecans, chopped
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until is light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add in the apple cider vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Mash the bananas in a bow. Stir in the milk until combined. Fold the banana mixture into the batter and the chocolate chips (if using).
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin tins. Fill about 3/4 full.
- For the streusel topping: mix chopped pecans, maple syrup and chocolate chips together. Sprinkle over top muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops have browned lightly and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days and frozen for up to 4 months!