Grain-Free apple cinnamon muffins to bring in Fall!
Apple and cinnamon has to be one of my favourite flavour combos and just reminds me of Fall! I have been searching for a go-to grain-free muffin recipe that is moist and stays fresh for days after baking. This recipe lives up to that!
These muffins are packed with flavour and super filling. Filled with lots of protein because of the almond flour and fibre because of the apple chunks, that make this a hearty breakfast or snack!
Check out the recipe for these awesome muffins below!
Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
2 1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, melted
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup apple sauce (see recipe below)
1/4 cup honey
1 cup shredded apples (about 2-3)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup apples, cored and chopped (approx. 2 apples)
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a a large muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Start by making the apple sauce. In a pot on low-medium heat, add in the apples and water. Simmer for approx. 10-15 minutes, until all the water has evaporated and the apple are soft. If needed, add more water. Once apple are soft enough, mash with a fork or potato masher, until they are a chunky sauce. Set aside.
3. Peel and core 2-3 small apples, and shred (using a cheese grater or food processor attachment) to equal 1 cup.
4. Im a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, eggs, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking soda, apple sauce, honey and salt. Once completely incorporated, fold in the shredded apples and 3 tbsp of the chopped walnuts.
5. Fill the lined muffin tray with about 1/4 cup of batter in each – will be enough batter to fill up 12 muffin tins. Sprinkle top of muffins with the remaining chopped walnuts.
6. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean!. Enjoy alone or with some yummy chia seed jam!