My obsession for sweet potato is real and not going away. The perfect sweet potato is well.. perfect.
The method I use for roasting sweet potatoes is fail-proof and makes the best fluffy sweet potatoes with a slightly crunchy outer crust.
What you need?
Salt and pepper
Spices of your choosing – I like garlic powder, onion powder and paprika OR cinnamon
What to do?
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash your sweet potatoes really well – scrub the skin with a brush if you have one. Pat dry. Cut longways in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top. I like to rub the olive and spices into the potatoes. Place sweet potatoes cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 mins and flip halfway so cut side is facing up. Bake for another 15-20 and check with a fork to see when they are tender. At the end I like to mince up a garlic clove, sprinkle it over top and bake for another 5-10 mins.
- Make a bunch of potatoes and store them in an airtight container all week!